The Oregon Arts Commission celebrates the grants that The National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) awarded to Oregonians!
The Oregon Arts Commission mission is to enhance the quality of life for all Oregonians through the arts by stimulating creativity, leadership and economic vitality. They have a vision for a future where communities celebrate creative expression, artists and arts organizations thrive through robust public support, the arts are recognized as an essential economic driver and Oregon is recognized as a leader for equity and inclusion in the arts.This can be done by inspiring Oregonians to invest in a permanent fund that provides annual grants to cultural organizations. Their goals are:
- Make the programs of the Oregon Arts Commission accessible to artists and arts organizations to enhance the quality of life for all Oregonians.
- To advance the essential role that the arts play in supporting the economic vitality or Oregon.
- To stimulate opportunities for Oregonians of all ages to pursue learning in and through the arts.
- To advocate and communicate the value that artists and arts organizations bring to Oregon.
- To improve efficiency and effectiveness of the Oregon Arts Commission to better serve artists, arts organizations and client agencies.
See the complete list of Oregon grantees below:
- Oregon Shakespeare Festival, Ashland: $30,000
- Ashland Independent Film Festival, Ashland: $15,000
- Fishtrap, Enterprise: $10,000
- Eugene Symphony, Eugene: $20,000
- Lane Arts Council, Eugene: $50,000
- Western Oregon University Theatre, Monmouth: $10,000
- Artists Repertory Theatre, Portland: $30,000
- Chamber Music Northwest, Portland: $20,000
- Literary Arts, Portland: $35,000
- Metropolitan Youth Symphony, Portland: $25,000
- My Voice Music, Portland: $15,000
- Opera Theater of Oregon, Portland: $25,000
- Portland Center Stage, Portland: $25,000
- Portland Community Media, Portland: $20,000
- Profile Theatre Project, Portland: $20,000
- The Circus Project, Portland: $25,000
- Oregon Arts Commission, Salem: $901,800
- Siletz Tribal Arts and Heritage Society, Siletz: $25,000
- Warm Springs Community Action Team, Warm Springs: $125,000